After a walk I feel so refreshed, physically and mentally! Not in boots of course 🙂
The benefits of walking seem endless:
- Improves overall health
- Burn calories
- Strengthen your heart
- Lower blood pressure,
- Lower cholesterol,
- Decrease chance of diabetes
- Lower inflammation
- Decrease mental stress
- Burns calories
- Strengthens your heart
- Eases joint pain
- Improves circulation
- Boost immune system
I know that there are plenty more!
A common recommendation is to walk 10,000 steps a day! To some that can be hard to do. Thankfully, My Fitness Pal has a great blog on how you can walk more. Some that I did not even think about:
- Plug your phone in to charge in the farthest room in the house and walk back and forth to check messages and make calls.
- Plan walking meetings! Movement helps boost creativity.
- Organize a scavenger hunt!
Personally, love walking with a friend! I get my steps in, catch up with my pal and the time flies by! Couple things I have learned are:
- Always be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes that support your heel and arch
- Drink plenty of water before and after your walk
- And wear sunscreen during those hot months, even on cloudy days
Do you have any walking tips you can share?
Have a great day, and stay peachy!